Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds shaved deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Additional minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut baguette into 36 slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, chives, horseradish and salt. Top toasts with beef; dollop with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and additional chives.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 48 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2016
Excellent. Easy. Impressive. Cannot go wrong with this appetizer. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, and it was perfect!
Dec 15, 2012
I've made these twice this past week. They are easy to make. Second time I left out the chives and bleu cheese since I only had freeze-dried chives and my hubby doesn't like bleu cheese, and substituted fresh onion and a bit of dill. I liked those as well. I suspect you can't go wrong if you have nice roast beef! Oh, it only took me about 3/4 of a pound of roast beef to make them..