Grilled Nectarine & Cheese Crostini
At our house, we love the summer tastes of sweet grilled nectarines and fresh basil over goat cheese. I can usually find all the ingredients at the farmers market. —Brandy Hollingshead, Grass Valley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium nectarines, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil; cook 10-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons. Remove from heat.
- Brush oil over both sides of baguette slices. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Grill nectarines 45-60 seconds on each side or until tender and lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Spread goat cheese over toasts. Cut nectarines into thick slices; arrange over cheese. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 48 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Grilled Nectarine and Goat Cheese Crostini in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.