Roasted Grape Crostini
- 3 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 24 slices French bread baguette (cut diagonally 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shaved Manchego or Romano cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss first five ingredients; spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until grapes are lightly browned and softened, 30-35 minutes. Stir in orange zest.
- 2. Preheat broiler. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Top with warm grape mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil.
1 appetizer: 52 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 13, 2019This was so delicious! My husband was skeptical when I showed him the recipe as he is not a big fan of fruit, but he devoured them and asked that I pu them into regular “rotation”. I will definitely make these again.
Nov 14, 2017
My husband and I thought that this recipe was absolutely amazing! Since I didn't have any fresh basil on hand, I substituted my homemade pesto, which worked just as well. A new favorite and something I'll be making often!