White Beans with Rigatoni
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min,
- 8 ounces rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons miced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir int the mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, sage, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the kale. Return to boil. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until kale is wilted and tender. Drain pasta; add to bean mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 319 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 1, 2015
I've made this recipe several times. I use my home-canned tomatoes and frozen kale from my garden - Since the kale is being cooked, the frozen greens work fine.
May 21, 2013
I would definitely make this again. It was a nice hearty meatless meal with excellent flavor. About the only things I changed were to use gluten-free pasta (I used brown rice rotini) and to use more kale than the recipe called for. I think I used about 4 cups, and even more kale wouldn't hurt. I didn't have fresh sage, so used dry instead, but only two teaspoons.