Star-Spangled Lemon Icebox Pie
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 15 pecan shortbread cookies (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookies and sugar in a food processor; process until cookies are ground. Add melted butter; pulse just until combined. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth; gradually beat in milk.
- Spread into prepared crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or until filling is set. Top with berries before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 591 calories, 41g fat (20g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 19, 2018
This pie is to die for! If your taste buds favor tangy fresh citrus, fix this! I had never bought Mascarpone Cheese before, but discovered that it’s an Italian cream cheese, and Meijer (or other major grocery stores) sells it close to their Deli counter. The pecan shortbread crust is a richer base than your typical graham cracker crust, although I’m sure you could pour the filling into a prepared graham crust as well. I topped my pie with raspberries instead of the other berries, and I needed 2 lemons for 1 Tbsp zest and 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice. Just follow the recipe for a pie that’s sure to make your mouth water. My guests loved it too!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.