Lemon Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice and zest; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into pie shell.
- In a saucepan, toss blueberries and sugar. Combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; add to blueberries. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 8 minutes, stirring gently. Cook 2 minutes longer. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over lemon layer. Chill for 4-6 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 446 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 20, 2017
This recipe was good. It had a good flavor. The lemon custard on the bottom was delicious! It came together easily. I used frozen blueberries and had to add an additional tablespoon of cornstarch.
Jun 27, 2016
I wonder if this would be good with a meringue layer.
Jan 10, 2016
I just made this in January, so it's nice any time of the year and light! Thanks for the recipe!
Jun 17, 2015
This pie is really good. I had a pie crust and blueberries that I wanted to use and found this recipe so I decided to try it. The blueberries and lemon are a great combination. It is a nice summer dessert.
May 26, 2015
I cut this out of the original magazine and it sat in my recipe book for years before I tried it .... now it is a regular part of my repertoire and I think it is my personal all time favorite pie. It is a little work intensive but worth it. Note: The "TOTAL TIME" listed at the beginning of the recipe is incorrect. The recipe directions list 20 min. for just part of the first step alone. Also, the first time I made it, I had only 2 c. of blueberries on hand, so used that instead of 3,. Later I tried the 3 c. as listed, but found we like it with only 2 c. better.
Jul 12, 2013
This pie is excellent! I make it every summer. The real lemony flavour pairs well with the blueberries & the touch of orange juice flavouring.
Mar 3, 2009
This has to be one of my favorite pies and it is so refreshing in the summer.
Nov 29, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.