Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + freezing
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Spread 2 cups ice cream into the crust. Freeze 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine lemon curd and lemon juice. Spread over ice cream and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Top with remaining ice cream. Freeze 2 hours or until set.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately spread meringue over ice cream, sealing to edges of pie. Heat with a kitchen torch or broil 8 in. from the heat 3-5 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Freeze at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 499 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 23, 2016
I enjoy having dinner guest and trying out new dessert recipes. This was a hit with all! It is actually quite light. It is time consuming due to refreezing after each step, but it is simple to make. It was the first time I had made meringue by cooking egg whites and was very happy with the results!
Dec 5, 2015
will try sometime
Sep 9, 2015
I made this pie for a Labor Day weekend party. It was a definite hit! It was easy to make & everyone raved about ! I will be making it again this weekend for another party.
Aug 29, 2015
This is going to take more then 1 quart of ice cream. If you spread 2 cups of ice cream into the crust that leaves nothing left.....there are only 2 cups in a quart. I am making now for tonight will let you know how it tastes....sounds delicious. I will give in a real rating then...
Aug 16, 2015
This looks amazing cant wait to try it
Jul 22, 2014
Going to have to make this soon. So yummy for a hot summer dessert.