Shortbread Lemon Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange zest. Whisk in butter until smooth. Set aside.
- For crust, pulse first six ingredients in a food processor until mixture forms a ball. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Pour lemon mixture into crust. Bake until center is almost set, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and, if desired, fresh raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 330 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 7, 2019
Could this be made in a mini tart pan?
Nov 26, 2018
To "gardas" from 3/2/15 - for cryin' out loud, don't bomb a recipe if you didn't follow directions! USE THE FOOD PROCESSOR, for Pete's sake! This is an amazing dessert. Very easy to make, and tastes incredible. Definitely have raspberries on hand for the garnish. It did take longer than the 25-30 minutes to bake, but my oven is older and not always up to temp so I'm not considering that a problem with the recipe. I just kept checking the tart every 5 minutes or so, and it came out just fine. Seriously - make this tart!!!
Jan 18, 2017
This pie was wonderful made it for a family/friends gathering & it was gone before I had a chance to get a piece. And while I didn't actually taste it the fact that it was the first dessert gone & people were asking for the recipe tells me it was a hit.
Jun 29, 2015
I'd make a couple of changes to make this simpler and tastier. First I'd not bother with a crust from scratch and just go and get a Keebler shortbread crust from the grocery store. They're very tasty and I used one when making the famous "Sittin' on a Sandbar" Key Lime Pie recipe (epic btw) and I'd sub lemon zest for the orange zest in the filling. It is a lemon dessert after all, so why not make it exceptionally lemony?
Apr 18, 2015
Very Good. I used sliced almonds and they worked well. Very light and yummy.
Mar 2, 2015
Haven't tasted it yet since it just came out of the oven. . . I don't know as if I'd make this again because of the crust. . . I don't have a food processor, I tried my magic bullet that didn't work. I didn't use my blender because - well I had made the filling in it. . . I tried my smaller food chopper/processor and that didn't work so I finally resorted to combining the crust by crumbling with my fingers . . . the "dough" never became a ball . . . I finally ended up just dumping it in the pie plate and pressing it out to fit. I suspect that when I go to serve it tomorrow the crust will crumble away but it is too late to plan something else. I feel like I would have done better just making a sugar cookie crust and rolling it out like a pie crust. I did use pre ground almonds so I adjusted the flour a bit to compensate for that. The filling smells wonderful though.
Feb 20, 2015
Not rating as I've not made it as of yet. but have a question....Ooops has to be rated first.Has anyone ever made this using Splenda?
Feb 19, 2015
Easy and delicious.
Jan 21, 2013
THIS PIE WAS AWESOME
Nov 5, 2012
Agree with previous reviewer -I found this recipe so easy to make and it tastes so good! I made it in a glass pie dish and it kept together and sliced well.