- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 pound fresh littleneck clams
- 1 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a Dutch oven, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the pasta sauce, clam juice, wine, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the clams, mussels and shrimp. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in scallops and spinach; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until clams and mussels open, shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Discard any unopened clams or mussels.
1-1/2 cups: 259 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.