Fish Fillets Italiano
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 pound cod, perch or haddock fillets
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, oregano and basil. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Place fillets in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; top with vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 244 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2013
This is a farely easy meal to put together especially for a week night. For this recipe I used Classico's Sweet Basil pasta sauce as the pasta sauce which worked well. I did find there was a lot of extra sauce which I ended up tossing on cooked noddles as a side to this main. It coupled well with caesar salad. Thumbs up!
May 27, 2011
What a surprisingly delicious low calorie dish. Thanks for sharing.