Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine soup mix and flour; stir into onion until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir in wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cod; cook for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook 1 minute longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in mozzarella cheese and parsley until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over seafood mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until topping is golden.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 365 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Jul 9, 2013
i like it
Jan 30, 2010
I loved this dish. Depending on what you put in it, you can vary it a lot. I will make it often.
Apr 27, 2009
Tried this recipe last night for the first time. Was very good. Glad I have saved all my ToH magazines.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.