My twin sister passed down this recipe to me several years ago. It is an impressive entree to serve, delicious and healthy.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 sole fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Starting with a short side, roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Pour 1/2 cup milk over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheese, sherry and tarragon.
- Drain pan juices from fish, reserving 1/4 cup; stir into cheese mixture. Pour over fish; sprinkle with paprika. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.