This recipe was an experiment and it turned into a great hit. The almonds add so much flavor to the fish.—Marshall Simon, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sole or whitefish fillets
- All-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- Lemon wedges
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Dip fillets in flour, then in egg. Place in skillet; cook until lightly browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add the almonds, lemon juice, and wine if desired; heat through. Pour over fillets and garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 318 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Jul 4, 2013
Everyone loved this dish. I can see this becoming one of the family favorites from now on :)
Mar 9, 2010
This is excellent! The sole was so buttery that it melted in our mouths! Yumm!!!