Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sole or whitefish fillets
- All-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- Lemon wedges
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Dip fillets in flour, then in egg. Place in skillet; cook until lightly browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add the almonds, lemon juice, and wine if desired; heat through. Pour over fillets and garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 318 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 4, 2013
Everyone loved this dish. I can see this becoming one of the family favorites from now on :)
Mar 9, 2010
This is excellent! The sole was so buttery that it melted in our mouths! Yumm!!!