Sole in Herbed Butter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds sole fillets
- Fresh dill and lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt if desired and pepper.
- Transfer to a large skillet; heat on medium heat until melted. Add the sole and saute several minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with dill and lemon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Apr 13, 2018
julia child says "if fish flakes, it is woefully, wrongfully, and willfully overcooked"
Apr 6, 2017
Excellent. Used Flounder but think it would be better with Sole. Tasty and will make again.
Mar 24, 2017
The butter sauce is excellent and would be good used with any white fish and salmon as well. Very quick and easy and tasty!
Dec 28, 2015
Light, tasty, quick. I'll definitely be making again
Feb 5, 2015
I have never liked fish, but I am trying to like swai, so I may have to try this. Thanks.
Aug 11, 2014
This is one of our family's favorites. Its super quick and tasty! We like to use the fish my husband and son catch(bluegill, crappie and bass) in place of the sole...sooo good!
Nov 20, 2012
This is one of the most requested recipes that I make for my family. It's very easy to make and sooo good!
Dec 3, 2011
I love this recipe. Not only is it delicious, but it is especially attractive. Mine looked like the picture, so I would serve this to company. I like dill so I might increase that next time.
Oct 24, 2010
My only advice is to make sure that you mix up the spices very well. I didn't apparently and some of the fish was much too salty and it was because it wasn't mixed up well. Great recipe, will use again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.