Sole Fillets in Lemon Butter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 sole fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place the sole in an ungreased microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley and lemon juice; pour over fillets. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Microwave, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
May 5, 2018
Don't like microwave recipes but tried this anyway. Flavor was good but cook times were very off. It is definitely quick and easy but I used a full pound if fillets and they were very overcooked at 4 minutes and 3 minutes. I gave it 4 stars for flavor and being quick/easy.
Jan 11, 2012
I am always mistrustful of microwave recipes, but this one made a believer out of me! Easy and delicious!
Nov 7, 2011
I have used this recipe for a couple of years. It is sooooo good as well as easy. I often substitute the herb flavored All Bran garlic herb crackers for the bread crumbs.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.