Simple Lemon Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, combine pudding mix and gelatin. Add water and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Spread with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 146 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
May 9, 2020
Ingredients should say 1 large box of sugar free cook and serve pudding. (the .8oz is the small box) The jello is the small box of sugar free. I cut the lemon juice to 1/4 cup. I added 3 packets of splenda (after the cooking) It thickened up just fine but is still a little tart. For a sugar free desert I think it is good.
Apr 23, 2020
Simple and tastes just like my Mom used to make! Delicious!
Mar 10, 2019
I feel like send you a bill for this INCORRECT ingredient list for this lemon pie!
Nov 26, 2014
Easy and delicious. I have made this many times, sometimes with actual lemon juice, sometimes with the bottled stuff, and even with the dehydrated lemon crystals. We find it is too tart as written, so I add 1/4 cup of Splenda. I have never had a problem with it thickening.
Apr 11, 2013
This recipe seems to have incorrect measurements. As others mention, it did not thicken even after adding cornstarch. The flavor was just okay, not great.
Apr 6, 2013
remember to give 6-8 hours to set up and remember to use cook and serve pudding
Mar 31, 2013
I wish I would have read the reviews before doing this recipe. I also tried twice in one day and could not get it to thicken. I wouldn't waste my money on the ingredients for this one!
Jan 20, 2012
To the people who say this does not thicken. Are you using the 8 oz. (large) package of pudding mix??
Jan 14, 2012
I tried this recipe twice in one day. It did not thicken either time. I wouldn't waste the ingredients to try this one!!
Dec 23, 2011
When you cooking puddin's on stove top it always come out runny I prefur the kind that you just add milk and chill comes out great