Simple Lemon Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, combine pudding mix and gelatin. Add water and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Spread with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 146 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2019
I feel like send you a bill for this INCORRECT ingredient list for this lemon pie!
Nov 26, 2014
Easy and delicious. I have made this many times, sometimes with actual lemon juice, sometimes with the bottled stuff, and even with the dehydrated lemon crystals. We find it is too tart as written, so I add 1/4 cup of Splenda. I have never had a problem with it thickening.
Apr 11, 2013
This recipe seems to have incorrect measurements. As others mention, it did not thicken even after adding cornstarch. The flavor was just okay, not great.
Apr 6, 2013
remember to give 6-8 hours to set up and remember to use cook and serve pudding
Mar 31, 2013
I wish I would have read the reviews before doing this recipe. I also tried twice in one day and could not get it to thicken. I wouldn't waste my money on the ingredients for this one!
Jan 20, 2012
To the people who say this does not thicken. Are you using the 8 oz. (large) package of pudding mix??
Jan 14, 2012
I tried this recipe twice in one day. It did not thicken either time. I wouldn't waste the ingredients to try this one!!
Dec 23, 2011
When you cooking puddin's on stove top it always come out runny I prefur the kind that you just add milk and chill comes out great
Mar 30, 2011
My Mom has tried to make this twice and could not get it to thicken. Seems like a few other people had the same problem. Any help?
Feb 13, 2011
The first time I made this I used the sugar- free lemon pudding, but I did not like the after taste of all the sugar-free ingredients. So the second time I just used the sugar-free lemon jello. I like this as a quick and easy dessert. To save on calories I sometimes just poor into little ramekins and eat it crustless. But is definitely better with lite whip cream instead of whipped topping.