- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up, in batches if necessary; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, honey and pepper. Serve salmon with relish. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSeared Salmon with Strawberry Basil Relish
"I really enjoyed this recipe. It was a new take on cooking salmon. Loved the strawberries as it added a really nice subtle flavor."
"I was super happy with how this tasted. I was a little unsure of how the strawberries and basil would go together, but was pleasantly surprised. Since the relish is basically a topping it's also a versatile recipe because those that think its strange can just eat the deliciously seasoned salmon."
"This sounds yummy! Any suggestions on using something besides basil? Just not really much of a fan of basil! Thanks!"
"easy and delicious. This is definitely a keeper. Made exactly as written."
"Was intrigued with the strawberries. Tried the recipe and it is delicious! Love it and will be making again....soon!!!!"
"Who would have thought to put strawberries and salmon together?! It works and is quite delicious and fresh tasting. I may try broiling the salmon next time. Even my picky hubby who only likes salmon prepared a certain way liked this recipe and called it a "keeper!""
"Wonderful and easy to prepare!"
"This was outstanding. Had to use frozen stawberries !!!!!"