Pressure Cooker Creamy Pesto Chicken Stew
I am a fan of thick stews and soups, so this dish is perfect for me! It's similar to a creamy broccoli soup. I replaced the rice with riced cauliflower for my low-carb-loving family. — Kim Banick, Turner, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce with mushrooms
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces whole cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen riced cauliflower
- Shredded Parmesan and fresh basil leaves, optional
- Combine alfredo sauce and pesto in medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, add chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Press cancel.
- Layer mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and reserved sauce into pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 3 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Stir to combine. If desired, top with Parmesan and basil leaves.
Test Kitchen tips