Quicker Chicken and Dumplings
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup French-fried onions, coarsely chopped
- 7 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 6 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, onions, milk and parsley just until moistened. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 330 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Dec 7, 2019
Used 2 cans of soup. Otherwise, I made as directed. Fast, easy and delicious. Will be making this often.
Aug 29, 2019
want to try this one!
Oct 14, 2017
Love dumplings! Can't wait to give this one a try.
Feb 2, 2015
Nov 1, 2014
This turned out much better than I thought it would. It was very filling. I did use suggestions from other reviews and added some salt, pepper, and a chicken boullion cube.
Oct 29, 2013
Definitely needed some seasoning. Remember to turn down the temperature when simmering your dumplings even though the recipe doesn't say to. This only made three healthy servings. Will make this again but double the amount of vegetables and soup/milk.
Nov 3, 2012
Family loved this, but I'll add salt and pepper next time and maybe another can of soup.
Nov 1, 2011
Great base for a quick chicken and dumplings! It did need salt and pepper and I will add a chicken bouillon cube next time.
Aug 16, 2011
This recipe is great for a quick semi home made meal. It had very good flavor and the dumplings turned out fluffy and flavorful as well.
Mar 21, 2011
I actually sauteed chopped up carrots and celery in olive oil and then added raw chopped chicken, chopped broccoli and cooked that before adding the other ingredients. I know that kind of defeats the purpose of "quicker", but it was worth it. This was excellent and definitely a keeper. I can't wait to make it again.