Casablanca Chutney Chicken
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Cooked pearl (Israeli) couscous, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the parsley, mint and lemon juice; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with pistachios; if desired, serve with cooked Israeli couscous.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 389 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2017
While I enjoyed it the others in the house did not. They ate it because it was what we had for dinner but did not take seconds and the leftovers were ultimately tossed. While I enjoyed it for dinner, I did not enjoy it enough to eat it for lunch later in the week.
Mar 25, 2016
The only thing I added was salt. My husband did not care for this dish, but I loved it. It was very tasty!
May 14, 2013
Yummy! Very authentic Morrocan style food, my husband all but licked the plate. Didn't have any pistachios, so I toasted & sprinkle pine nuts.