"My grandma and I created this kids' version of a German breakfast dish," relates Jaycee Gfeller of Russell, Kansas. "Serve it with toast or English muffins."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes and onion in butter until tender and lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle with pepperoni. Cover and cook on medium-low heat until eggs are set, 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 267 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 219mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Pepperoni Hopple-Popple in Quick Cooking September/October 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.