Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, tomato sauce and milk. Stir in sausage mixture, macaroni, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 334 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 12, 2018
Just going to say my son and husband really liked this dish. I just added some Canadian bacon. I think there is a flavor missing not sure what. I will make again. I thought i would have left overs until my son returned home from basketball practice!????
Jan 12, 2014
Delicious. I used spicy sausage which was good, and little mini pepperonis so I didn't have to dice them up. I also added spinach, and looked hard for high fructose free pizza sauce (dietary thing), and it was delicious. I also forgot the milk so it wasn't as bound as it might have been with the milk. Next time Milk.
Feb 28, 2012
This has always been a favorite of mine. I usually add spicy pepperoni to give it a little more flavor. Think spicy sausage would be good too
Nov 20, 2011
used what was on hand and that was not per recipe. had no mushrooms or tomato sauce. skipped the mushrooms but used extra milk and tomato paste. had pork sausage, but no italian so added oregano and garlic powder. went 4 cups of macaroni and 3 cups of mozz. so i added 10 minutes to cook covered time and went the 15 on the uncovered time. from the few bites i have had we are enjoying it and will make again.
Apr 6, 2011
This is a yummy recipe! Great flavor combination!
Jun 30, 2010
Easy and delicious!