Pan-Seared Chili Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the rice, broth and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine chili powder and salt; rub over salmon. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook salmon in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove rice from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the carrots, parsley, butter and remaining pepper. Serve with salmon and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 369 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2013
This was awesome! Love salmon to begin with and this took it over the top. Great meal combination with the carrots and brown rice. Will be working this into my routine menues.
Aug 26, 2010
The salmon was terrible... it had no flavor whatsoever. Neither my husband nor I finished it. There was a hint of spice when you first bite into it, but after that, it just tastes like bland fish. I did use frozen fish, so maybe it would taste better with fresh, but either way, will not be making this again.
Jan 7, 2010
I have made this recipe twice and both times it has turned out perfect.
Jan 6, 2010
I will, indeed, make this recipe again, just not when my third son is at home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. This salmon is very good and very tasty but I won't serve it to him as I much prefer the world with him in it.
Sep 28, 2009
This is wonderful! The salmon is so flavorful! I used non reduced sodium broth for the rice because otherwise it was a little bland and added some extra butter to the carrots. A keeper!