- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers crumbs (about 14 squares)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 1 tablespoon sugar; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Gradually stir in water and buttermilk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg substitute. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and peel. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, spread whipped topping over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLemon Cream Pie
"NEVER MADE ONE BEFORE, BECAUSE I LOST THE RECIPE, SO NOW I WILL GIVE IT A TRY. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE."
"I like lemon cakes."
"I love lemon cakes"