Lemon Cheese Pie
This pie can be made ahead and frozen. SO it's not unusual for me to have one ready to serve in the freezer. I simply remove it from the freezer a few minutes before slicing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold whole milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup milk. Sprinkle pudding mix over all. Gradually add remaining milk and lemon zest; beat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour into the crust. Freeze until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 285 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Cheese Pie in Country Woman November/December 1995
Aug 9, 2012
Couldn't taste the cream cheese very much. It didn't set well either. But it was still okay. I added fruit to the top to make it more interesting.
Mar 17, 2009
Does this have to be frozen? Could it be just refrigerated?