Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 192 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 27, 2011
My kids and I all loved these. They were easy to amke and delicious.
Jul 20, 2010
I have made this several times. I tweak the stronger spices to suit my children's taste. It is easy and oh-so-yummy!
Mar 30, 2009
This went over very well with my family of picky eaters! Simple and delicous. I also tried it with a jar of spaghetti sauce with mushrooms instead of the tomato sauce and it was very good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.