Grilled Steaks with Greek Relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef ribeye steak (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For relish, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, olives, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, oil and garlic.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice over steak. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting in half. Serve with relish and cheese.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked steak with 2/3 cup relish and 2 tablespoons cheese: 562 calories, 42g fat (14g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2016
Just finished my last bite at 6:30 pm--gratefully before the Trick-or-Treaters descend on my door--and my husband, myself, and two grown sons polished off their steak with Greek relish with gusto! This meal worked out because it didn't take too long to make the relish and the flat iron steak I had on hand was grilled on an inside griddle for just 15 minutes. To save time on a side dish, I had bought one of those Caesar Salad kits in the grocery produce department with everything ready to mix--and there was dinner!
Apr 8, 2016
I loved this dish. I typically don't eat a lot of red meat, but I surprised the family with some delicious steak dinners on vacation and this was one of them. It was a huge hit. Everyone looked forward to steak sandwiches for lunch the next day from the yummy leftovers. The relish was amazing. I think I'll use it for other grilling dishes, as well. Thank you for an amazing recipe.
Mar 14, 2016
I thought there were too much onion in the salsa, so next time I will use 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup.