Just a few minutes and a handful of ingredients are all you’ll need for this scrumptious side dish. Hoisin sauce and rice wine vinegar give grilled pattypans Asian flair. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups pattypan squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place squash in a grill wok or basket coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Transfer squash to a serving bowl; add sauce and toss gently.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 54 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Grilled Pattypan Slices in Light & Tasty August/September 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.