Cajun Summer Vegetables
Put your garden-fresh summertime veggies to good use in a colorful side dish that gets a little heat from Cajun seasoning. It pairs well with any entree, and it's quick and easy to prepare. —Nancy Dentler, Greensboro, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning; toss to coat.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 42 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Grilled Summer Vegetable Delight in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.