- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Add the soup, milk, ketchup, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; arrange biscuits over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Beef with Biscuits
"Since we're empty nesters, generally halve this dish. Make my own biscuits instead. J."
"This was very good! It reminded me of a "sloopy joe" my Mom used to make but she used sour cream instead of cream cheese. I followed the directions except for putting in some chili sauce along with the ketchup. I also added 2 tsp of yellow mustard for extra zip. I baked the biscuits right on top and they baked up nice and golden brown. Kids loved it, tasty fall meal."
"I did not use 2 lbs. of Ground beef. It would have been way too much. As for the remaining ingredients, I used as much as it called for. My entire family LOVED this! It was very creamy and tasteful. I baked the biscuits on a baking sheet instead of putting them on top of the meal to bake. Mine always come out soggy/underdone.I will definitely make this again!"
"super easy and tasty !! I added more biscuits to the top :)"