Beef Potpie with Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (18 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the vegetables, gravy, thyme and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Place the biscuits in a single layer over meat mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 298 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
May 24, 2015
This is a family favorite recipe! I haven't changed a thing besides doubling the recipe for leftovers!
Nov 25, 2011
fantastic pot pie recipe. I used cubed frozen breakfast potatoes instead of an actual potato - just as a time saver. It was wonderful. I made my own gravy instead of using bottled and it was terrific. We have made this several times now and we never have leftovers!
Nov 11, 2011
This is so good. My family asks me to make it often. I cook my biscuits before I add them to the top so that they aren't still doughy on the bottoms.