Ground Beef ‘n’ Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Add tomato sauce and peas; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits; arrange over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2018
My husband and I liked this recipe. I had to make some changes in the ingredients because of diet restrictions but it was good. I cut up the biscuits to make sure they were done and not doughy. But I think it worked out better actually because the cut up biscuits covered the whole 9 x 13 pan.
Feb 3, 2016
I like the recipe but, I think the biscuits should be pre-browned because they were still doughie after baking. Next time I think I will add corn instead of peas to see how it taste's.
Jun 9, 2015
I make a casserole quite similar to this. I put a cube of cheese inside each biscuit, yum!
Apr 10, 2015
I made this the other night for my family and thought it was, just ok. I would probably used mixed frozen vegetables instead of just peas. My biscuits didn't cook all the way through either, but that could have been due to the baking dish I used. I would try this again with a few tweaks.
Nov 11, 2013
We really enjoyed this!!!! I made my own biscuits instead of store-bought and baked it about 10 extra minutes. Yum!!! Good meal for a chilly night!
Jun 4, 2013
My family loved this and we all had a second helping. I will definitely be adding this to my meal plans.
May 9, 2013
I made this last night and me and my husband loved this meal and there was more leftovers than I was expecting. Great tasting meal. I am not a fan of peas but loved them in this dish. I recommend this for something quick and easy.
Jan 8, 2013
It was actually really good I enjoyed it alot.
Jan 3, 2013
My husband ate three helpings. Instead of using the pre-prepared buttermilk biscuits, I made "drop" biscuits for the top. Instead of oregano, I put two dashes of Worcestershire sauce in the ground beef.
Apr 29, 2012
I cut the biscuits in 1/2 and they browned up very well. Used Italian seasoning in place of oregano.