Creamy Beef with Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in the soup, milk, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; arrange biscuits over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 393 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 18, 2018
I love how easy this recipe was! Perfect for busy nights!
Jun 16, 2014
Since we're empty nesters, generally halve this dish. Make my own biscuits instead. J.
Oct 5, 2013
This was very good! It reminded me of a "sloopy joe" my Mom used to make but she used sour cream instead of cream cheese. I followed the directions except for putting in some chili sauce along with the ketchup. I also added 2 tsp of yellow mustard for extra zip. I baked the biscuits right on top and they baked up nice and golden brown. Kids loved it, tasty fall meal.
Apr 12, 2012
I did not use 2 lbs. of Ground Beef. It would have been way too much. As for the remaining ingredients, I used as much as it called for. My entire family LOVED this! It was very creamy and tasteful. I baked the biscuits on a baking sheet instead of putting them on top of the meal to bake. Mine always come out soggy/underdone.I will definitely make this again!
Mar 3, 2011
super easy and tasty !! I added more biscuits to the top :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.