Beef Patties with Gravy
Field editor Sharon Manus of Smyrna, Tennessee seasons beef patties with onion, fresh mushrooms and golden mushroom soup. The tasty entree makes a quick and hearty meal when served over mashed potatoes with a salad or veggie on the side.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked noodles, rice or mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties until browned on both sides until meat is no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the soup, water and mushrooms; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 1285mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Beef Patties with Gravy in Taste of Home June/July 2002