These yummy pecan bars start with a homemade pastry crust and pile on lots of semisweet chocolate. They’re perfect for a holiday bake sale or casual get-together.—Heather Biedler, Martinsburg, West Virginia
Featured In: 60 Extra-Cozy Potluck Recipes for Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan; press into pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt on high speed 2 minutes. Stir in flour, melted butter and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour over pastry; sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover loosely with foil. Place on a lower oven rack; bake 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews forChocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review