Contest-Winning Pecan Caramel Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, egg and maple flavoring. Stir in the butterscotch chips. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 371 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 31, 2017
These bars are easy to make and so good! I made them for a family reunion and everyone loved them. The butterscotch chips make them extra-special!
Dec 19, 2012
Tasty and chewy
Dec 11, 2011
I have made pecan bars from many different recipes, and this is by far the best. Every time I make them, someone asks for the recipe. The butterscotch chips is what does it!