- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup and butter, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, drink mix and baking powder. Combine the egg, milk and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and butter if desired.
- Cool remaining pancakes; arrange in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen pancakes: Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with maple syrup and butter if desired. Yield: 11 pancakes.
Reviews forChocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Chips
"The family loved these!"
"My girls enjoy these for their birthday breakfasts. I usually double the recipe to have plenty to freeze. Delicious."
"These were really good. I served them with the Spicy Maple Sausages in the same issue."
"love this recipe! make it all the time!"