Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 388 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2012
Easy to make--and tastier than other chocolate frosting recipes I've tried. I'd recommend sifting the confectioner's sugar, but otherwise the instructions are perfect!
Oct 12, 2011
A great frosting recipe. I use in on the one bowl Chocolate cake. My frosting were average before I found this recipe.
Jul 18, 2011
This is by far the best frosting recipe i have ever come across. Who ever said it has to go on cake? I'll catch my family eating it by the spoonful! I would suggest milk chocolate chips :)