Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 388 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 29, 2012
Easy to make--and tastier than other chocolate frosting recipes I've tried. I'd recommend sifting the confectioner's sugar, but otherwise the instructions are perfect!
Oct 12, 2011
A great frosting recipe. I use in on the one bowl Chocolate cake. My frosting were average before I found this recipe.
Jul 18, 2011
This is by far the best frosting recipe i have ever come across. Who ever said it has to go on cake? I'll catch my family eating it by the spoonful! I would suggest milk chocolate chips :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.