- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- Bake the pastry shell at 425° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with flour and salt; stir until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon into pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCheeseburger Pie
"The only thing I would change about this recipe is to save 1 cup of the cheese and sprinkle over the top before baking - I think that makes for a more attractive presentation. Loved the taste!"
"I decreased the pickles a bit as they were too strong for my family's tastes, but this was really good!"