Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without toppings): 429 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
May 26, 2018
I live in Florida. No one I know has ever put peanut butter on a burger. Bacon, yes. But NOT peanut butter.
May 7, 2018
Please tell me this is a typo. It must be because bacon and peanut butter are not listed anywhere in the ingredient list.I want to believe the burgers are good. Let’s not attack the recipe author for something over which she has no control, in case it was edited for publication.With that said...bacon and peanut butter might be good toppings. The rest of the world is doing all kind of fusion food. Don’t knock it till you try it.This, however, is definitely not Southern.
May 7, 2018
Thank you, kbutler2!! I'm from Moultrie, Ga. No one puts peanut butter on a hamburger.
Apr 12, 2018
First, let me say, I have not made these. I have lived all my life in south Ga and never heard of anyone putting peanut butter on a hamburger.
Apr 2, 2018
It’s just like having meatloaf on a bun! I make these without the bun and fry up potatoes to go with them. Yum.
Jun 27, 2017
this was just what we were looking for the 4TH of july...thanks...sonny
Jul 5, 2015
This is my kind of recipe! Easy and tasty! I used ground turkey and Worcestershire Pub burger seasoning instead of the ground beef and salt and pepper.
Jun 25, 2014
This was a very simple, yet flavorful recipe. This is now my go-to recipe for doing burgers on the grill. They held together very well and everyone was able to customize their burger just the way they liked it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.