- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10 ounces) baked beans
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mixes, milk and eggs. Pour 1-1/2 cups batter into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread with baked beans. Spread with remaining batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cornbread comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Bean Cornbread
"I added chopped up ham to make it a complete meal. Very yummy. However, mine took closer to 45 minutes to cook - so long! but worth it."