- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in Alfredo sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and parsley.
- Spread 1/2 cup Alfredo mixture in an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with two noodles (trimmed to fit pan), half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the remaining Alfredo mixture and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forAlfredo Chicken Lasagna
"Excellent! I doubled it, added a can of green chilies to the chicken mixture, added a bit of franks buffalo sauce to the ricotta mixture as well as a tub of spreadable cream cheese. I used 2 jars of alfredo sauce. It was perfect."
"My family liked this, not my favorite. I am sure the "right" sauce makes a difference"
"Sooo Tasty!! Made it for the first time for my boyfriend and I and we both loved it. Would definitely make it again!"
"Absolutely delicious. I used Bertolli garlic alfredo and mushroom alfredo. I did not use minced garlic due to garlic sauce. I made my own Italian seasoning. I doubled the ingredients for a bigger serving. My family loved it. This will be on the favorite list!"
"Delicious recipe. I usually double it for my family and omit the mushrooms as my boys won't eat them. It's a great change from the traditional lasagna."
"I loved it, although I did make my own alfredo sauce. I doubled the recipe. I've made quite a few times and my husband also loves it"
"This was okay, but not great. We all ate it, but would not make again."
"Great taste, only changes I made were I left out the egg, added some extra garlic"
"Delicious! I made my own alfredo sauce and added spinach, broccoli and zucchini to the dish. My fiance loved it!"
"Good recipe. I, too, added spinach. I also added more garlic. We like garlic. I also substituted mozzarella cheese for th cottage cheese."