- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth. Add to saucepan. Add remaining beans to saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Top each serving with cheese and jalapeno pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for White Chicken Chili
Sort By :
"I'm not a fan of onions, so left them out & added onion powder. I added some corn also. Delicious & very easy! Will definitely be making this again soon!"
"Great recipe and very easy to make. The only change I made was to add about 2 tsp salt. Will be making this again very soon!"
"Very tasty and filling, loved with some corn bread on the side!"
"Love this chili! Have made this several times now, it's easy, very healthy, and DELICIOUS too! I like to make it thicker, so use 2 cans of the beans mashed and 2 whole. Highly recommend."
"Yum! This was a fantastic chili recipe! It was delicious with cornbread muffins!"