This tart and crispy salad complements a variety of entrees, from casseroles and meats to pasta and pizza. “It’s one of my favorite dishes,” notes Valerie Belley from St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onions and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Traditional Greek Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p47
Reviews for Traditional Greek Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2014
"Awesome and tasty. I put grilled salmon on the top and it was outrageous!"