Mom’s French Salad Dressing
My mom was born in 1920, and this was always the salad dressing we had, as there weren't many bottled varieties at the time. I still make this blast-from-the-past recipe. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; add salt, if desired. Shake well. Refrigerate leftovers.