Caribbean Island Coleslaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a serving bowl. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over slaw mix; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 305 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 3, 2019
Really delicious! I thought it needed a bit of heat to balance the sweet...so I added a finely minced jalapeño pepper. Perfect! This is great for those summer BBQ's especially as a sandwich topper to BBQ pork, chicken and even sloppy Joes. I also lessened the mayo to 1 1/4 C. Just personal preference.
Jul 23, 2019
Delicious!! Everyone loved it!
Jul 8, 2019
I love trying new things however I and my guests were not a fan of this dish.
Jul 5, 2019
After a lot of "doctoring", it was okay.
Jun 27, 2019
Delicious, I made it exactly as written. May add a little more pineapple, coconut and raisins the next time I make it. This is replacing my go to coleslaw recipe.
Jun 18, 2019
Omg! This is delicious with summertime baked beans. Very light and refreshing, not heavy with mayo. Loved it! Thanks for sharing.