Colorful and tangy, this coleslaw adds some zip to an ordinary meal. Try it and see if it doesn't perk up your next meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cabbage and green pepper. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture just before serving; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 84 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Spanish Slaw in Country April/May 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.