Mom’s Tangy Potato Salad
This chunky potato salad is a great dish for a family picnic or on a night when you're grilling out. The homemade dressing makes it extra delicious. —Michelle Gurnsey, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash ground mustard
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Mom's Potato Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.