Mom’s Monday Lunch Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add potatoes and soup; stir until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Stir in bacon, salt if desired and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without salt): 514 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1538mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 4, 2012
This soup was very good! My husband and I both enjoyed it! The first time I made it, I didn't have any leftover mashed potatoes, so I just cooked some up really fast. I also only used 3 pieces of bacon instead of the 8 the recipe calls for.
Jun 20, 2011
Easy and delicious.
Jan 16, 2009
This is SO good! I am a soup lover and always trying to find a good one. This is a keeper! I used a bit of left over ham and is was delish!
Nov 27, 2008
This recipe is quick and easy and has a really good taste. Instead of cooking bacon I use pre-cooked real bacon pieces which lessens the preparation time. I have also used ham pieces left over from a ham this makes this a tasty soup.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.