Soft Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Brush warm breadsticks with butter. Yield: 20 breadsticks.
Reviews for Soft Garlic Breadsticks(15)
Sort By :
very good. made exactly as written.
These breadsticks were fantastic! Baked them to go with chilli for the harvest crew and they were gone in no time!
My family LOVED these.
I made these almost exactly as stated except, I left out the Parmesan (none on hand), used one tbsp of sugar and 11/2 cups unbleached white flour and 11/2 cups whole wheat flour. These are excellent! This is the best recipe for bread sticks I have ever used.
These breadsticks are simply the best! After they're done, and I brush them with butter I then sprinkle garlic salt over the top. Everyone loves them!